Grandeur Peak FormatFebruary 3rd and 4th, 2023
RUFA Salt Lake City Format
Check-in location varies depending on which event you are running, see below:
- 24 hr : 6PM Friday Event
- Check-in next to the Black Diamond Retail Store starting at 4:30PM
- Shuttles depart at: 5:15PM and 5:30PM
- 6 hr : 7PM Friday Event
- Check-in next to the Black Diamond Retail Store starting at 5:00PM
- Shuttles depart at: 6:15PM and 6:30PM
- 12 hr : 6AM Saturday Event
- Check-in next to Black Diamond Retail Store starting at 4:30AM
- Shuttles depart at: 5:15AM and 5:30AM
- 6 hr : 7AM Saturday Event
- Check-in next to Black Diamond Retail Store shuttle at 5:30AM
- Shuttles depart at: 6:15AM and 6:30AM
- 6 hr : 12PM Noon Saturday Event
- Check-in at the Church Fork base station in Millcreek Canyon starting at 11:00AM
- Please take the shuttle from Black Diamond Retail Store (honor system) – see shuttle schedule below
COVID SAFETY PROTOCOL (updated for 2023)
- Masks are not required, but strongly recommend while on shuttle vans, and recommended when in aid stations
- Please be respectful and mindful of others’ personal space, as always
Results from the three categories will be sorted first by number of laps and secondarily by total elapsed time. Only full laps (to the summit and back) will be counted.
Live timing will exist in 2023 via OpenSplitTime.org. See the home page for the link, which will be live on the day of the race.
The cutoff time is leaving Church Fork Aid Station for a final lap at 4:30PM Saturday. One caveat exits to accomodate incredible fast runners. If such a runner comes in after the cut-off and they want to head out for a final lap, if their most recent lap was faster than the time remaining (before 6PM) they will be permitted to try for one more lap.
All runners need to notify the Aid Station captain upon finishing their final lap in the allotted time. If a runners chooses to stop early, they also need to let the aid station captain that they are done. From this point they are on their own and may choose to hang around the aid station to cheer on other runners or take the next shuttle back to their car.
We will have a well-equipped, and fun aid station in the Church Fork picnic area, roughly 300′ up from the picnic entry gate. Food, water, music, encouragement, is what you’ll find here. You are strongly encouraged to bring all necessary gear to support you throughout the event to this aid-station where it will be stored in a covered tent and accessed as you require it. Food and drinks are intended to support race participants only.
See below for a list of representative food that will be available at Church Fork. Subject to change
- Grilled Cheese
- Grilled Turkey/Cheese
- Vegetable broth
- Chicken Broth
- Roch’s famous Australian Jaffles
- Breakfast burritos 3 types
- Crepes ala’SPEEDGOAT
- Cheerios and milk
- Russian Burritos (for Dimitri)
- Miso Soup
- Baked Potato soup
- Chicken Noodle soup
- Various chips
- Asst cookies, crackers and candy
Vegan and Gluten Free
- Grilled Cheese
- PB & J
- Tomato Soup
- Miso soup
- Butternut squash soup
- Gnarly Nutrition
- Hot cocoa
- Sweet Italian raspberry tea
- Gnarley sports drink
- Mtn Dew
- Aqua fizzante
- Herb tea
- Chocolate GU recovery drink
Dogs are not allowed at the Church Fork Base Station
If you are a participant, support crew, spectator, etc. you are required to ride the shuttle to and from race head-quarters. Our permit strictly hinges on us all following the rules.
Interactive map can be found HERE.
- Black Diamond Retail Store (“City” in time-table)
- Millcreek Church Fork Gate
Check-In for all events EXCEPT for the Saturday 6hr noon start takes place at Black Diamond. At check-in you will receive your bib. When you arrive at Church Fork (via the shuttle), please show your bib to the timing folks as proof that you rode the shuttle, are present and ready to run.
Check-in for the Saturday 6hr noon event will take-place at the race head-quarters in the Church-Fork picnic area in Millcreek Canyon.
2023 shuttle schedule (revised 1/28/2023 @ 12:30AM) can be found by clicking the image below