Update Feb 2nd, 2022
- REMINDER : Check-In (for all but the Saturday noon event) has been moved to Black Diamond Equipment
- Temperatures will be extremely cold, single digits or colder, plan accordingly
- Shuttle system schedule was revised today.
- There are no longer shuttle assignments based on last name.
- All races other than the Saturday noon race have a specific shuttle departure time. Make sure you on the shuttle at the departure time.
- Yes, they are premitted, but not encouraged as we have very limited capacity on our shuttle buses and in Church Fork.
- Crew can ride the buses labeled “Open” in the shuttle schedule. They are not permited to ride the “Runners only” shuttles.
- Detailed updates made to the food options! See “format” page.
- Ultimate Direction has provided a 25% discount for participants. See email sent on 2/2/2022
- Thanks for the major up-tick in fund-raising!
Update: Jan 30th, 2022
In just four days, you will be tightening up your shoelaces for one or more laps up Grandeur Peak overlooking the Salt Lake valley. You have worked hard preparing for this event on the mountain and in your fundraising efforts. I’d like to thank each of you for joining our incredible community that rallies around the Up For Air events and all that they stand for. There are a number of critical items you need to be aware of so please check out the 24 minute recorded pre-race video (click image below) as well as the website for applicable changes.
The check-in and shuttle pickup/dropoff location has been moved to Black Diamond Equipment, located at 2092 E 3900 S, Salt Lake City, UT 84124
SHUTTLE: The shuttle system and time-table has changed. See https://grandeur.upforairseries.org/format/ for details and to download the timetable
COVID PROTOCOL: – See video and website for greater detail.
- Masks on during check-in, shuttle bus rides, and at all times inside the Church Fork base station except while eating and drinking
- Please use a legitimate KN95 or similar mask, buff/scarf does not count
- Hands-free fluid dispensing will be provided by volunteers
- Food items will be single-serve; tongs will be used for food delivery
RUFA IS CUPLESS, bring your own bottle/bladder/flask
No crews, family, or dogs permitted inside church for aid station tent
We will no longer have an enclosed heated area (in an effort to minimize congregation) plan accordingly with clothing
Summit aid station will not have food/drink this year; bring what you need from the bottom
DNS: If you are unable to join us this year, please let us know. We do have waitlists for several of the events.
EARLY DROP: If you have to drop out early you must inform the timing crew at the base aid station.
CONDITIONS: Plan for very icy conditions. Micro-spikes or equivalent are HIGHLY recommended.
CLOTHING: It is highly recommended that you bring multiple sets of dry clothes, socks, shoes. We have an area for a large drop-bag
BATHROOMS: Use the restrooms near the base aid station. Pooping on or near the trail is extremely uncool and must be picked up by our volunteers who have already been working long shifts. Bring a wag-bag if a trail emergency is probable.
AWARDS: We will hold a small ceremony at 6:30PM on Saturday to award the top 3 male/female finishers for the 24, 12 and 6 hr event. This will occur at the aid station at the base aid station.
FUNDRAISING: You are strongly encouraged to become energized in your fundraising. All donations go directly to either Breathe Utah or Utah Clean Energy. If you raise 10x your entry fee, your entry fee is refunded as a reward! Between now and race day we will randomly select 5 donors to get prizes from our sponsors.
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out at email@example.com.
See you soon!